Support i-ACT with your TIME and SKILLS!
i-ACT is always looking for people like you to join our community and contribute your skills. Beyond hosting us at your school, place of worship or community center, you can actually help i-ACT create our outreach materials, work with our tech and web team, and help us edit hours and hours of video we have from Chad. Our current team currently communicates primarily via the internet and conference calls, you too can join! Not sure how you can contribute? What do you spend your time doing? What skills and interests do you have? We are a small team, so your help will go a long way to create an even larger impact on how the world reacts to human atrocities.
We are currently in need of:
- Interns at i-ACT: We are looking for interns who can spend at least 10 hours a week with our team working on various projects. Interns will help develop projects, manager on-going campaigns, create media materials, and learn how i-ACT works. We are happy to work with your university or college to arrange credit.
- Grant Research and Writing - As i-ACT expands, we need help funding our projects and new staff members. Currently we have a very small paid staff and would love to have the opportunity to hire some of our volunteers and expand our projects for greater impact. We have a few dedicated volunteers working on research and writing, but the more eyes on a document and the more minds for creative and concise proposals, the better! This can be done on your own time and from the comfort of your home! You will be supported by several team members in our joint efforts!
- Legal Advisor - i-ACT is looking for legal advice surrounding non-profit status, IRS, partnership contracts, and general support for questions.
- Public Relations/Media Specialist - i-ACT provides fantastic opportunities for the media to link people in the US and abroad to the refugees living in camps. We are looking for someone who can join the team long term and help with writing press alerts and releases, following up with media contacts, outreach, establishing relationship with media contacts, and help the voice of the refugees get out into the world. Ideally this would be someone who would join our core team and keep up with all our various projects, providing ideas for media outreach and features.
- General Team Members - we are looking for a few good sentient beings who can really help strengthen our team by taking on a more permanent role on the team. If you are interested in taking your Darfur activism to a new level and for the long term, please let us know.
- Join the Development Team - We are looking for a few volunteers to help us create long-term donor development plans and fundraisers. We have a small team of innovative and creative people who are dedicated to making the personal connection to refugees the center of the relationship between possible donors and i-ACT. With your help and ideas, we can expand i-ACT programming!
Let us know about any areas of interest or skills that you can offer. We are very open to being creative and finding the power to make a difference within each individual. If any of these opportunities peak your interest or if you have questions, please feel free to email Katie-Jay Scott, Director of Community Programming, at ktj[at]iactivism.org.