Welcome to the iActivism Press Room!
MEDIA INQUIRIESFor all media inquiries related to i-Activism, please contact:
Katie-Jay Scott Stauring
Director of Community Programming
PRESS RELEASESpress releases.
RECENT PRESSA Fresh Appeal for International Relief Efforts in Sudan, Coffee & Markets, 3 Nov 2011
Local couple tries to help African refugees through Internet videos, The Beach Reporter, 6 April 2011
Q&A: Encouraging talking in class by connecting refugee and US school children, UNHCR, 20 Jan 2011
See more of iActivism's recent appearances in the press.
FOOTAGE REQUEST FORMNeed some footage? Submit a footage Request form
LOGOSiActivism logos to download
- Partner Highlight: Alexxa of Triangles of Truth (5/12/2013) - i-ACT has been working with Triangles of Truth for over two years. Their global network of students and advocates support education projects in the camp by honoring Holocaust victims. They caught up with Alexxa Evangelista, an outstanding Triangles of Truth advocate. ??What exactly are you fundraising for? Since I was a little kid I’ve loved [...]
- A Mothers Day Message to the Mothers of Darfur (5/2/2013) - Over the last few weeks, tens of thousands of newly displaced refugees have arrived at the border between Darfur and Chad. Entire families have lived through unimaginable violence, the destruction of their homes, and a harrowing walk to relative safety. Please send a message of support and solidarity to the mothers of Darfur by recording [...]
- Letter of the Week: Unexpected Opportunity (4/24/2013) - On Wednesday April 17, i-ACT set up Camp Darfur at Brentwood School in Los Angeles, CA. Students from Martha Kermott’s sophomore class hosted each tent and the Little Ripples information table. During each period teachers of the Upper School visited the tents and learned from their peers about mass atrocities and genocide. Dr. Mike Riera, Head [...]
- My Fasting Day 2 (4/8/2013) - My wife and daughter are eating turkey burgers and salad and chips and maybe other stuff, but I’m not getting too close. I don’t want to see. I have another 30 hours without food to go. Tomorrow, on my third day of fasting, we’ll be driving to Arizona for a genocide event where we’re bringing [...]
- My Fasting Days (4/6/2013) - I eat so much. Every day. It’s strange: I think about food so much, and at the same time–I take it for granted. It’s always there, always available. In all of my now long(ish) life, I’ve never had to worry about food. Even when growing up in Mexico, where it was only my Mom with [...]
- US-Based Activists Depart for Expedition to Darfuri Refugee Camps (11/16/2011) - FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE November 16, 2011 - California-based i-ACT is departing on its eleventh expedition to Eastern Chad to bring technology, educational materials, and sports equipment to Darfuri refugees living in camps along the Chad-Darfur border. With tensions rising and rumors of looming civil war between Sudan and newly seceded South Sudan, the team faces [...]