Kickstarting a Year of Change!
On May 5th, the iACT community came together at our annual event, One Strong Kick, to celebrate our accomplishments and commit to doing even more toward achieving our mission to provide humanitarian action to aid, empower, and extend hope to those affected by mass atrocities. Together, we raised $90,000 in cash and in-kind support for our refugee-led programs.
Attended by over 250 guests, the evening kicked off with our VIP Tequila Tasting and ended on the dance floor with music by Kira Lingman Band and by The Radio Rebels. Delicious tacos were served by Villegas Tacos, and volunteer bartenders mixed up handcrafted Karma Tequila cocktails, offered Lagunitas brews, and poured a variety of California wines provided by Brack Mountain Wine Company (for the third year in a row!). The silent auction and raffle items raised quite a bit and included items such as all-inclusive resort stays, jewelry, recreational packages, and artwork.
We are so grateful to our event sponsors. A special thanks goes to the Mira Costa High School iACT4Refugees club, who once again provided a staff of 20 rockstar volunteers to keep things running smoothly!
Thank you, Erik Passoja, our event emcee who introduced the iACT team program and our newest video, produced by Hermosa Beach-based Lucia Entertainment and that speaks to why iACT is different and what it is that allows us to create meaningful, long-lasting change.
Whether you missed the event or were able to attend, here are a few ways you can continue to take ACTion:
- Sign up to host an iACT Gathering at your home or in your community to fundraise for one of iACT’s programs.
- Become an iACT Ambassador, and educate and inspire your local community.
- Intern or volunteer over the summer to help iACT expand its impact.
- Help us raise the rest of the $10,800 needed in funding for our refugee-led meal program.
- Sign up to join the One Strong Kick 2019 committee NOW. Next year, we will celebrate iACT’s 10-year anniversary and the next OSK will be a big one! Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
So much gratitude for all those who make this very special evening happen every year.
“The system is completely set-up to be as dehumanizing as possible.”read more
I encourage them to recognize that when we do misstep as mothers, as we have done and will do again, it’s important to have self-compassion for ourselves.read more
Yesterday, our friends at Second Tree organization in Ioannina, Greece invited us to spend time with an Afghan refugee familyread more